Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Engagement Photos

Anybody who is a friend on Google+ or Facebook has probably seen the engagement photos by now. They went live this morning on our fabulous photographer's website. Check out the whole set here.

Ken Clunk and Angela Clunk rock so hard. We had a blast shooting the engagement photos and the results are beyond amazing. We are so thrilled with them. John keeps saying "I've never been so excited about photos before." It's only going to get better with the wedding day fast approaching! I know Ken will document our day in a way that will make it totally on par with any of the stuff I see on all those wedding blogs!

All photos are of course located at http://www.toomuchawesomeness.com/danaandjohn and are © 2011 Kenneth Clunk.

I like this shot because it looks classy and vintage. Also, this was early in the shoot, so my makeup and hair look their best. :)
"Bow ties are cool." -Dr. Who
Such a classy shot where I'm supposedly "fixing" his bow tie, though I
think I actually made it messier...
Playing with a sweet lens Ken rented for our shoot. See how the one
half is blurry but our whole side is in focus? Love it.
Dana and John, sitting in a tree...
I like our poses in this one.
Friggin' beautiful black and white shot.
My only original fear in going with a digital-only photographer was
that I wouldn't get amazing black and white shots the way you do with
film. I don't miss the film now, that's for sure. Also, this is one of my
favorites in the whole set! 
Had to get a couple by Severance Hall. Love the tilted angle and how
he got the whole building in the shot. I love this one!
Love the coloring on this one, and John's laughter.
Perfection. For me, my personal favorite. I hoped beyond hope
we would get a good kiss shot, but this one manages to also
be so classy and vintagey (check out that foot pop) and the
colors are perfect and the framing of the shoot is perfection.
Such great sepia-goodness.
Such a beautiful and classic shot of us. I love how crisp the black and
white is; wearing white was a definite plus for these shots.
Perhaps the second favorite shot of the day. Something about the angle
of our legs and the colors and the way the shadows look at the edges
of the photo. The whole thing is awesome.
Slow dancing on the Severance lawn. Of all the
shots, this is one of the most popular with my
friends. Several have declared this the
best/favorite pic of the day.
The spot where it all began. See that front Stonehenge-thing? That's where
John first told me he loved me. Also, he proposed in this spot. Glad to
have a kiss picture here, where I'm on tip-toes because John is so tall.
The rock where the first "I love you" happened.
We brought a couple of records; I definitely wish we had done more
with this idea since it's so funny in practice. Perhaps we'll throw some
records in the car to bring to Mohican for pics before the wedding
rehearsal? There's just nothing like Coltrane staring down Stravinsky.
Like I said above, Ken is fabulous. The best investment of the wedding by far. We are so happy to be working with him and can't wait for the rest! I know he'll make our day look so incredible and capture everything brilliantly.

1 comment:

  1. The phrase "such great sepia-goodness" makes me hungry for some reason.

    ReplyDelete