Sunday, September 16, 2012

Guestbook

I have seen so many brilliant and beautiful ideas for a wedding guestbook over the past year. For such a small details it's amazing to see the creativity of various brides in order to have unique keepsake from the wedding.

I knew a few things from the beginning; I have a hard time at weddings knowing what to write to the happy couple. Especially before I was married, it felt strange to be giving a couple marriage advice. Cliches like "Don't go to sleep angry" are used over and over again, and I always want to write something that will make them smile.

My personal solution was to give our guests prompts. The cards all had questions printed on them, from the generic (give us your advice for a happy home...) to the silly (draw a picture of us on our wedding day). I figured that prompts would help spur creative and entertaining responses.

The results? A decent amount of responses. Some that made us laugh, others that made us smile. All were thoughtfully written and such fun mememtos to look through in the days following the wedding.









No comments:

Post a Comment