Monday, March 7, 2011

Photographer Love

I've been meaning to post about our brilliant, amazing photographer for a while.

His name is Ken Clunk, and I found him because I was in a wedding he photographed. My friend Emily's wedding, specifically.

Look, that's me!
http://www.aestheticemotions.com/emilyandseamus © 2010 Kenneth Clunk

I was tagged in a photo on facebook, and decided to click through Ken's website. Immediately, I was in love. He has such a gift for angles; I love the perspective of his shots, as well as the saturated colors he gets in many of his shoots.

I also appreciated his background; while flipping through the site, it became clear that he wasn't strictly a wedding photographer. He shoots bands, models, even my alma mater's rock orchestra. I think this gives him a fresh take on weddings. Most wedding photographers are pretty cookie cutter. I like a guy who will tilt the lens every now and then to get a more interesting shot.

http://www.aestheticemotions.com/emilyandseamus © 2010 Kenneth Clunk

I knew Emily couldn't steer me wrong; she's an art institute graduate and I knew an artist wouldn't have an un-artistic photographer for her wedding, and she had nothing but rave reviews of her experience with him. So I emailed Ken.

After some email tag and coordinating of schedules (mine was super hectic), John and I met him for coffee. At this point I was pretty much sold on his work alone, but meeting him made us immediately want to sign on the dotted line. Ken and his wife rock. They are super cool, have a great sense of humor, and seem to really want to get to know us as a couple so that they can better capture us at the wedding.

I am beyond psyched. It feels like everything is coming together, and it's all leading up to a day that is sure to be amazing! I am resisting the urge to put a million of his photos on here. What keeps me from doing it is the knowledge that I don't know any of the people he photographs, so it would be kind of creepy to gawk over all the images (but I do on the website!). See his latest work, and join me in gawking, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment