Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Happy Valentine's Day, indeed. Our celebration was simple; John gave me red wine glasses (yay!) and a basil plant and a rosemary plant (which I'm really excited about!). I gave him coupons for silly things: "Good for one night of video games" etc. I didn't have any money this year to really spoil him other than with food, so I thought I'd go all out and bake him a dark chocolate cheesecake.

This one, in fact.

I decided to forego the chocolate curls (I couldn't find them),
but it will be perfect nonetheless.
The ganache and cake are chilling in the fridge right now.

We were going to make one of our favoritest, most classic dishes for Valentine's Dinner: Tomato Bread Pudding. So we started to preheat the oven and I was just about to cube the bread into little chunklets when John noticed smoke billowing out of the oven. Oh no! Apparently butter or something had spilled out of the springform pan when I was baking the cheesecake, settling in an ugly pool on the bottom of the oven. Bingo. We avoided setting off the smoke alarm by shutting the kitchen door, opening the window, and getting the fan going, but we were severely disappointed.

So, it looks like our Valentine's dinner will consist of this:


Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment