Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter Inspiration

Whoop Whoop! This inspiration shoot, featured on Ruffled, was not only adorable, it featured vendors from Ohio (Dayton, to be exact)! Woo!

I used to dream of having a winter wedding, but I'm not brave enough to chance the weather. The probability that your day will look pristine like this? Not very high. I wouldn't want all my loved ones traveling in a potential blizzard just so I could wear a long-sleeved gown and a cute coat on my big day. I am, however, really drawn to these weddings. The white snow is such a stark, perfect backdrop for wedding photos.

Love her locket, and her diaphanous layers!

Um, those tights rock!

My favorite shot.
For John and I, the wedding season was dictated by logistics. Our academic calendars were more conducive to a summer wedding, when we both have vacation. Plus, most of my bridesmaids are on academic calendars as well (med school, teaching in Baltimore, law school, etc), so it made more sense to have them come up for a summer wedding. Plus, the weather is less likely to suck and a good time will be had by all.

It might be hot as Hades (it is in August, after all), but we'll deal. The lodge is air-conditioned, so they'll only have to suffer for maybe a half hour for the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment