Saturday, April 16, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever

...do you have it? I admittedly do. I am so excited about the royal wedding, even if I don't get a chance to watch it live (we don't have tv).

Why? John thinks it's stupid to care about celebrities, and for the most part I agree. I suppose it's partially that my generation grew up hearing about Princess Diana's wedding, which was this huge, spectacular, televised event that so many people watched. I am looking forward to having our own, especially with a couple that seems so real and modern and relatable for royals.

It isn't really the whole princess aspect, though I find it really cool that a middle class woman will be in line to be queen. I think I'm just mostly looking forward to the wedding itself. We have celebrity blowout weddings all the time, but none that the entire country cares about and focuses on. It's a special thing in Britain to have royal weddings, and we don't have anything like it in the U.S.



I love these engagement photos. Aren't they gorgeous together?

I just can't wait to see the details: the dress, the flowers, the decorations. I think it will be really neat, and definitely a trend-setter for weddings for years to come.

Also on the royal wedding-watch list: the royal menu! This awesome article on epicurious speculates as to what might be served on the big day, which is almost more fun than guessing about Kate's dress. An interesting read with some fun recipes in case you want to make some snacks to go along with your viewing of the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. PS I want to totally copy the top photo of theirs in my own engagement shoot. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete