Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Being Sick...

I had a tickle in my throat last night; tried to drink lots of liquids (hot and cold) to make it go away. I tried to send it back from whence it came with Echinacea and Airborne.

What do you know? The middle of the night, I wake up with a completely swollen throat and a headache and start tossing my dinner (to put it delicately). I miraculously didn't wake John with all this, but decided at 4:30 in the morning that I probably would not be going to school today. In retrospect I think that was a good decision.

Being sick makes me want to curl up on the couch with somebody taking care of me. I get supremely helpless when I'm sick, though you wouldn't know it. I don't really whine or say anything to anybody, just sort of inwardly whimper and wish.


Being sick makes me want comfort foods like tomato soup and grilled cheese, or ginger ale, or ice cream (preferably vanilla soft-serve). I am really craving a Dairy Queen cone right now. Sigh.

Instead, I slept until two, stumbled around, showered, made split pea from a can, ate it, slept, slept, ate dinner that John made (chili, it was good), sat on couch, stared.

I want my head to fix itself. Blahhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment