Friday, October 1, 2010

My manifesto

I believe...

...in myself.
...in music
...in daily laughter.
...in the sheer quirky joy of the perfect ampersand.
...that poetry is transformative.
...in being young at heart.
...in being earnestly in love.
...in a good cup of tea.
...in being a nostalgic junkie.
...in collecting affection.
...in letting my mind wander.
...in stuffing my brain with new ideas.
...in staying in school as long as they'll let me.
...that there are miracles in the mundane.
...in eclecticism.
...in handwriting and snail mail.
...in trying new things, from Vietnamese food to cross-stitch to a surreal foreign film.
...in domestic bliss.
...in taking joy in the little things.
...in whimsy.
...in a stubborn sense of DIY (you know; the "I can make that myself" attitude).
...that the glass is half-full.
...that every day is an excuse to break out the candlesticks and good china.
...in comic books and video games.
...in scented candles.
...in jumping on the autumn leaves just to hear them crunch like potato chips.
...in living passionately.
...in vinyl records.
...in sitting in a coffeeshop with somebody you adore.
...in the first snow and the last kiss.
...that I can eternally improve and grow.
...that adventure is born of the spirit and not one's surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment