Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bride Crush

I don't remember what blog I saw this wedding on first-Once Wed?

But Tess stuck with me. The bride. From most wedding posts, I pick and choose little details and aesthetics, save them to my folder of inspiration, and promptly forget the rest of the wedding. This one was burned on my brain.

Something about her perfect dress. It's so perfect, it hurts. Because I have tried for almost a year now to find its equal and come up empty-handed. I still hold out hope that I will find a dress with lace this exquisite.


I was reminded of Tess and her awesome wedding when I found a link to the photographer's blog. More than a snippet, she had several posts on this wedding and bridal shoot. I fell in love all over again with that perfect dress...

Post 1: Ceremony
Post 2: Bridal Shoot


I should mention, that I am 0-2 with dresses. Twice I have found something that takes my breath away, only to be unable to get it.

First, there was this incredible dress at Anthropologie:

The Antiquarian, by Left of Center

Just look at that lace. Golly.
The tea stained lace at the bottom had me at hello. Yet the dress had sold out long before I discovered it. I think about it often; I'd pay a king's ransom to find it in a size 6 or 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment