Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shoe Love

First of all, let me say that I have an ambivalence towards shoes, and particularly towards girls who are really into buying shoes. The reasons?

1) I hate the Sex and the City mentality in all its forms. That materialistic, sugary-cocktail sipping, man-eating, gossiping, shoe-buying, expensive clothes-wearing...ugh.

2) I live in a city that has awful winter weather. Heels don't work so well in the ice. I know girls try, oh heaven help them. But I'll take my classic Doc Martens any day, even if they aren't as cute with my outfit.

3) I hate buying shoes and can't imagine somebody enjoying the process. Buying shoes sucks because I know what I like and if I can't find it right away I get frustrated.

That said, when I find a pair I like, it's a big deal for me, considering my general loathing of shoe-shopping. I don't go out of my way to look for shoes. That said, get a load of these babies:

Zing! went the sound of my heart strings
Everything about them is perfect. The splash of color, the low heel, the vintage styling, the tie in the front...

I'm way too early in the wedding planning to justify these as a something blue, but maybe I could use a little something blue in my regular life, too! They're a little pricey for me to ask for them as a Christmas gift, unfortunately...maybe I'll just save up!

No comments:

Post a Comment