Monday, November 22, 2010

Love of Typeface

After seeing the results of the font-design contest on Design Sponge, I was so in love with the peacock font by Sommer Sheffield that I vowed to track it down. This meant opening an account at veer.com.

I know, right?

I don't mind, though, because I got 10 free veer credits that I can use to get a font if I so choose. No sign of the peacock font, though. Bummer. I guess I assumed it would be on there, since they sponsored the competition. I hope I can track the font down.

Did I mention I love fonts? I have way more on my computer than I'd care to admit. I get many of them from dafont.com. They're rather wonderful.

Anyways, back to Veer. They let you make a little album of saved favorites, and even demo each font with a little line of type. Here's the contents of my album thus far:



Do you sense a theme?
Fonts=pretty. I like to look! I've barely scratched the surface at Veer, but I'm sure I'll while away plenty more hours looking through their wares.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you find this font - I've been trying to track it down too, for a peacock-obsessed friend!

    ReplyDelete