Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainbows Cakes and Cupcakes!

So I'm generally not into food coloring. I think it adds unnecessary chemical agents into your food, so generally I avoid it whenever possible. But I am almost tempted to rush out and buy some just to try my hand at making these colorful little cakes:

I'll bet they were as easy on the stomach as they were on the eyes!
First I saw the little beauties above, made for a housewarming party whose theme was "Color Me Happy." Irresistible! The blogger mentioned that she got the idea from another post on rainbow cake, so of course I happily followed the link down the rabbit-hole:

Looks right out of a Dr. Seuss book!

That little happy tumblr post led me to the original tutorial, which made me really smile. The entire process looks like it is so much fun!
Batter, separated by color. So bright and cheery!
Even the dishes look cheerful!
This looks AMAZING.
Just a little cheer for a gray Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment