Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser shots from our incredible photographer...

I hardly need to re-state how perfect our photographer Ken Clunk was. Absolutely everything, from the first meeting to the engagement shoot to the ridiculous amount of shooting the entire weekend of the wedding, was even more than we dreamed for our photos. They stayed up with us Friday night for the s'mores party, even cleaning up some of the mess at the end so we could get to bed at a reasonable hour (totally above and beyond the call of duty). Then they were up first thing in the morning so they didn't miss a moment of getting ready, and didn't stop shooting until everybody had cleared out of the reception.

Their dedication was so special to us, and only added to a weekend already full of love, family and friendship, and one heck of a wedding celebration! And the images! I just about died when I first saw our incredible engagement photos, and now I am at the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the wedding photos to come back to us.

From the teaser shots he sent, we're in for some incredible shots that really captured the joy and emotion of the weekend. And, not only that, he did some incredible tinting and filtering to give many of them a sweet vintage look that fit with my vision of the event.

Reading each other's love letters/vows as we got ready.
The wedding rings handmade by me, and the book that served as the
"ring bearer pillow"
The locket I wrapped around my bouquet along with some vintage
lace from my Grandma Plank's collection. The left side is a photo of my
mom's parents on their first date, and the one on the right is my dad's
parents on their wedding day.
Exchanging rings. I actually couldn't get the ring over John's knuckle
in the crazy heat/humidity, so he had to help!
The kiss and the recessional. Such incredible shots!
First look on the bridge. Love how old this photo looks with the
black and white. Also, what an awesome angle! 
Portraits in the gazebo, and one of the coolest shots of the wedding party
on the wall overlooking the lake.
Close ups of the table decor; the handmade flowers (made out of tissue
paper and vintage sheet music), and photographs of our grandparents.
Some of the greatest party shots ever. Gives you a sense of how off the
hook our reception was (yes, I know I'm too white to say that).
More party shots. Look at the crazy energy in the room!
Being cute, and impromptu sing-alongs. We rocked out to Piano Man
and everybody linked up and sang along at the top of their lungs.
I cannot stress this enough: making a good investment in a photographer we loved was one of the best decisions of the entire wedding planning process. We felt so comfortable with him, and I'm sure he and wife were able to capture every detail to help the wedding day live on. So beyond excited for the next month to fly by so we can reminisce in style and treasure these memories forever!

All photos courtesy of Ken Clunk: [http://www.toomuchawesomeness.com/danaandjohn © 2011 Kenneth Clunk]

No comments:

Post a Comment