Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A World of Possibility...

By the end of the day, my first Ph.D application will be submitted, sent off into the world. I picture it as a toddler; walking shakily but determined to stay upright.

My thoughts are expansive of late; contemplating my future and my potential and attempting to contain the worlds within me on a single sheet of paper has been a difficult, yet rewarding, process. I am happy to have gained some hindsight and insight as I re-examine what exactly compels me to want to pursue a doctorate in my field.

All of this ponderous exposition is a roundabout way of introducing the true topic of my post, some beautiful globes I spotted on Oh Joy! today.


The globe was tucked into a holiday gift guide, and following the link to the website, I was immediately charmed by Wendy Gold's incredible artistry. Her designs are so beautiful and unique, but seem so natural on the surface of the vintage globes she decorates.

 So dreamy and sweet with the glitter on the base. This is the one I love.
 This would look great in a home library or office. Perhaps someday, when I am rich (oh wait, I want to be a college professor...)...oh well, this is the life I lead, and it makes me happy.

You know what else makes me happy? My fiance baked me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies tonight, from scratch, just to help motivate me to finish my applications. I am so lucky to have him.

You know what else else makes me happy? Bedtime! Have blissful dreams, all! I am going to drift off to dreamland, a place NOT located on any of those globes...

No comments:

Post a Comment