Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friday Night Festivities...

So I know at least the bridal party, my family, and John and I will be down at our wedding venue Friday night.

We met with our amazing photographer (post on him to follow), and he asked if we had anything planned for the Friday night after the rehearsal dinner since people might be around. I said, sort of off the cuff, "It might be cool to have a campfire in the woods and do a s'mores party."
Ah, that's the ticket. Though I think it looks to neat and perfect.
Why isn't the charred, molten marshmallow oozing out the sides?
The more I think about it, the most obsessed I am with this idea. I mean, come on! We're in the middle of a state park with all sorts of gorgeous forests and campgrounds. Although I am more than happy that our venue has a beautiful lodge to stay in, it would be so fabulous to get out and hang out in nature.

So, I think I'm totally going to plan it. It would be uber casual. Lots of bugspray, s'more makings, and bug juice. Grab some twigs, char them and stick a marshmallow on 'em, girl-scout camping style. Keep it simple, keep it full of childlike wonder, then hike back to the lodge to hit the hay before the big day.

 

Of course, just because we're having s'mores doesn't mean they all have to be Hershey's milk chocolate+ Jet Puff marshmallows...there might be some room for experimentation, by having an interesting chocolate bar as the base and perhaps doing some homemade marshmallows. Some interesting ideas: bacon+milk chocolate, black sea salt with caramel center, espresso+cocoa nibs+chicory, and Rooibos+cherries+vanilla (also, that is just about the prettiest label for a chocolate bar that I've ever seen...

So pretty, right?
Something to think about...though we would have the classics on hand no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment