Sunday, March 27, 2011

My organizational secret weapons...

I need only two things to stay excited about being organized:

My Moleskine planner (yes, I am one of those annoying hipsters who swears by Moleskine, but hear me out). I was never one to use planners. I didn't like the setup, so I would just ignore them. These are expensive enough that I feel compelled to use them, but even more so, I fell in love with the format:

A weekly planner on the left, lined paper on the right for notes and to-dos. It is a format that I am completely besotted with and I don't think I will ever stray.

My other secret weapon? Diary stamps.

?

Yes, diary stamps. I often find them on Japanese and Korean supply stores on etsy. Diary stamps are meant to be used with a planner, and have the cutest little icons that you can use. I use them to add a little fun to my planner and as a visual code for the different events in my life.

These are the two sets I already own:
"Happy Life"
"Love Diary"
They are completely unnecessary, but I love them, and seeing those little stamps in my planner makes me smile. For example, the wedding bell from the Love Diary marks out wedding gigs with my string quartet, and the bunch of roses represents a recital or concert that I am performing in. The speech bubble with exclamation points represents a meeting or special rehearsal, the syringe represents a doctor's appointment, and the book represents an academic deadline like a paper due date.

I found a bunch more of these cute little stamps on a new favorite etsy store, Violet Gift Shop. I am ordering these to add to my collection:



Aren't they the cutest?

Here's some more that I think are sweet but didn't get this time around:

Love the Payday one, and the whole bottom row.

Hiragana and Katakana! So cute!


The "couple" set. I just adore the little steak dinner.

I know it's a little silly for a 24 year old girl to want to play with stamps and ink pads, but I won't apologize for it; it helps me to enjoy the tedious process of staying organized. How do you motivate yourself to stay organized? Are you good at sticking to a system?

No comments:

Post a Comment