Sunday, March 6, 2011

A wedding letter...

I stumbled across this blog entry recently, which contains a letter from a "wedding graduate." She addresses the letter to her own wedding, and it's pretty hilarious (and also great perspective for those planning now).

Some favorite moments:

"Oh, I know your sneaky ways. I didn't even want a wedding. But you're so flashy flashy, and so 'everyone else is doing it' and the next thing we knew, we were sending out invitations. And then there was no turning back, and you just kept luring us deeper and deeper with your promises of happy families and cake. The cake was a clever ploy. Oh, you're good, wedding."


"Sure, maybe the further away you get, the more I like you. Maybe I can't actually find any photos from you where people don't have huge grins. Maybe eating nothing but cake and champagne is pretty rad. Maybe I really like wearing fancy silk dresses. But that's neither here nor there."


This was the type of bride I am going to be; a super-DIY type who wants to make just about everything (although I have no sewing skills, so I couldn't follow her on the whole making-her-own-dress escapade). It's good to remember to take a step back and just enjoy the process without letting it consume you. It's one day, people will enjoy it no matter what, and we'll end up married at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment